Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #162 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Time for another bunch of new (& old) music:

Frequency Drift - Electricity

I found this on on Metalinjection but it's not metal in the slightest. I'm not sure what I think of it. The singer seemed kinda weak at first, but the song grew on me. The band has covered Marillion before, and this does perhaps sound vaguely like something that could have been on the Marillion.com album. Also sort of Anathema-ish, but less boring (Anathema is a boring band, but I'm sure you know that already).

Laura Voutilainen - Mä en kestä

Don't remember where I found this, but it's sorta fun to listen to. I like the Finnish folk music twist it takes on modern pop.

David Sylvian - Robert Fripp / Damage (Full Album)

Spoiler for One more!:
David Sylvian / Alchemy - An Index of Posibilities (Full Album)

I read about the influences of the band Dir En Grey somewhere and David Sylvian got a namedrop. I definitely see his dark textures and atmospheres in the band's music. I'm thinking of getting some of Sylvian's albums. Seems like I could dig this and the albums are fairly cheap on Amazon.

Nile - To Walk Forth From Flames Unscathed

I don't listen to a lot of death metal (almost none, actually), but I was reminded yesterday just how good their newest album is. So many fun riffs!

Izzy bizu - Naïve Soul

Immediately fell in love with this song and ordered the album right away. Just ****ing great music!
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote