Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #50158 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Sounds pretty golden as far as jobs go.
Yeah, you'd think, though I really shouldn't have gone along with the whole astrology oracle thing; obviously, astrology is not real, but when someone just assumes that you're an expert and then tells you their birthday, it's too hard to resist just going with it and saying something like "Oh, hrmm, interesting, June 18th huh? You have a black moon in Lilith opposite Neptune in the 33rd house... which signifies a possible death involving water and/or wild dogs.... oh, and this month you will be heavily affected by Jupiter's moons, so you must be wary of both courtesans and poisonous snakes" etc. I know just enough astrology-related terms to sound halfway convincing. (Coming soon: nonsensical weekly Chiomara horoscopes for musicbanter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
What the hell takes you two hours to sort???? Do you wake up as a fleshless corpse and have to work incantations to become a living being or something?
Well yeah, basically, and also-- if I don't wake up needlessly early, I'll just have stress nightmares about overlseeping and being fired and punished in humilitating ways, so I set 7 alarms for 4:15 am and suffer instead. And I lose my coffee mug/articles of clothing/lint roller etc etc about 800 times each morning, so, much of that time is spent just aimlessly wandering around the house looking for my things that I just had in my hands. (It's my favorite game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Well of course: you just give off that kind of vibe. Word of advice though: using animal skulls as coffee mugs and facing west to worship Cth'ulu at midday probably gives them the wrong idea. Just sayin'.

Congrats on the job by the way. I'm sure you'll be running the place in no time. And discover it's built on an old Indian burial ground.
Actually I use a sensible black human skull jar thingy (it's plastic and leaks all the time) with a lid though I suppose that doesn't really help my case. And thanks. This place is in Baton Rouge, so I mean, of course it's cursed. Everyone here is awful though, (myself included) so they kind of deserve it.