Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 05:12 AM   #586 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythsofmetal View Post
My preference between the two changes, but I tend to prefer Load because of Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me, and The Outlaw Torn, whereas ReLoad's best song is Fixxxer which stands next to the rest, but ReLoad's middle is pretty mediocre, whereas Load just has a handful of mediocre songs spread out, I've found Load easier to get through and even silly stuff like Mama Said is less cringey than Better Than You. Oh wait... Load has Ronnie, so yeah it does have the worst song out of the bunch, haha. Anyways, while ReLoad is arguably more consistent, I just find the highlights of Load to be more plentiful.

I can't believe I wrote this much on these albums because they're both only decent 6/10s to me, but I do still have a lot of nostalgia towards them because I had a great summer vacation listening to them some 10 or 11 years ago.
Totally agree on Fixxxer, but to me, reload is pretty much great after the first three, very skippable songs (Fuel, The Memory Remains, Devil's Dance). I like the more colorful guitar playing on ReLoad, plus I think the vocals are generally the best of Hetfield's career. I come back to this album much more than I do with Load.

Load has some gold, but I don't really like Ain't My Bitch, 2X4, Cure, Poor Twisted Me and Ronnie. I've also always felt that the heavy chorus in Until it Sleeps is not nearly as good as the quiet parts.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote