Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #7910 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

1. How did you learn to swim?

Public community pools, as far back as I can remember. I got over the deep end fear by being pushed into it unexpectedly as a kid by my older cousins at their house. Later, we did diving board competitions. I was a fish in the water as a kid, call it the natural aspect of being a Cancer, I guess. I am so totally out of practice though and I'm much older. These days I'll just casually float around with a beer or a mix drink in my hand if I go down to the beach.

2. What current problem do humans face that you are surprised we haven't found a solution to yet? Can be big or small.

I find it sort of comical that we can do highly intricate things like launch a rocket out of the atmosphere and send a shuttle up into space, but we can't get our damn economic and social standards in order. Though, that could just be the pessimistic cynicism in me coming out in sarcasm.

3. What is your opinion on faith schools? Should they be a thing of the past or should we leave things as they are?

I think that the preservation of information is extremely important, and that most books and/or scrolls older than the 1500's are typically kept within the confines of either museums, national libraries, or extremely old colleges like the Cambridge University in England, which has been around since the 1200's. As for individual faith schools, I am pretty much outright against indoctrination because it results in holy wars. If you're going to select to be religious or spiritual, you should do it entirely for yourself and mostly by yourself. There are communities for that sort of a thing that are less indoctrinating and if you spend enough time studying you learn to look for key terms that allows you to maneuver around the small-minded, indoctrinating bastards of modern world trends. There's a way to do it, and a way to do it peacefully, but it cannot be done in a school and I'm absolutely against child indoctrination. Be honest with your children about yourself and your faith, but when they come of age give them the choice to find their own ways.

4. Are there any current fashion trends that you find annoying?

I find them all annoying, I'm ****ing poor. Lol.

5. Do you have any addictions?

Yes. I'm addicted to Knowledge and Freedom, with the only compromise to that Freedom being Knowledge itself. I have no substance addiction, really. Essentially, I'm a hedonist with a budget that allows me to build in weed or alcohol from time to time with whatever I have after my priorities of bills are taken care of. I'm really not an impulsive person, I never have been. I am however, blessed with the ability to be easily entertained if need be. Reading also doubles as a relatively cheap hobby.

6. What music release are you looking forward to the most this year?

I don't really keep up with trends, I very much find the music I like either through word of mouth, seeing the bands live, or stumbling across it on the internet somewhere.