Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #591 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythsofmetal View Post
I could live without ever hearing Metallica again, but I would miss their first two a fair bit along with Master, Justice, Hardwired, and the Loads to a lesser extent.

Ride the Lightning is by far my favourite Metallica album. And I do prefer their first four to pretty much everything else they've done except Load which I prefer to most of AJFA except for songs like Blackened which is better than anything on Load.

On Megadeth's end, I think Youthanasia and Countdown are pretty solid, though about half the songs on each album are like filler to me. Cryptic Writings is like the former albums but with more filler, and Risk is unlike anything Megadeth should have delved into stylistically.

This is unrelated to the rest of my post, but I like 90's, 00's, and 10's metal more than 70's and 80's. Metal innovated more in the 90's and 00's, though the 70's and 80's had the big task of laying down the groundwork for the genre, so I respect those decades for that, but I still think metal has been better since the 90's.
Risk is awesome. It's cringey as **** but has some of the best pop metal/rock ever laid down. The overkill-is-more production alone is worth the price of admission.

Load, Reload, and Black Album however are too mediocre for me to bother rating them. I'll just go with meh/10.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote