Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks about This Artist?: Rolling Stones Edition
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I tried getting into them awhile back. Someone here recommended me Beggars Banquet i think it was called but it was sorta meh, couldn't get into it.
Totally agree. Beggar's Banquet is not the intro album. If anything I'd say it was Aftermath. It's got more class than their earlier albums while still having balls. I'd say it's everything great about the sixties with none of the self-indulgent hippy tripe or self-indulgent rock star faux-experimental schlock. They're writing their own songs finally, writing great songs, and showing a maturity you'd never expect from the band who covered "Route 66". But of course if you're woke like me you'd understand that the band who covered "Route 66" were rock n roll gods who didn't need to mature in the first place. And of course you should go for the UK versions in general, but an argument could be made for the US version since it actually has "Paint It Black" (but it also doesn't have "Mother's Little Helper" and that song is amazing).

Aftermath UK version

Aftermath US version

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Suppose I knew a cool party chick in college. When we bumped into each other at parties and shows she was almost always up for a ****. She liked great music and was cool in every way. One time a few years after we graduated I ended up broke but she was married and doing alright. I called her to ask if I could borrow 20 bucks to buy some groceries and she gave me a grand and insisted it was a gift.

Now you want me to say what was **** about her. **** that. I’m not thinking up ways to **** on the UNASSAILABLE Rolling Stones after how much they’ve done for me.

They made the most visceral violent rock’n’roll ever and I ****ing worship them like gods.

Mother****er
Translation: I do in fact have serious criticisms about them but I'm a ****ing pansy.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote