Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 02:56 PM   #7954 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
One more point about public vs private vs home schooling is that I think the socialization aspect is overstated to a degree. Yes it's important to socialize with others, but I don't imagine that poor inner city schools help to socialize their students with anyone other than poor inner city kids, and well-to-do schools only help to socialize students with other well-to-do kids. So as good as socialization is the current system also reinforces class power structures by making sure that poor kids only know how to relate to poor kids, middle class kids only know how to relate to middle class kids, and rich kids only know how to relate to rich kids. Plenty of public schools aren't so segregated but I don't think most people in public schools are really dealing with other people in drastically different walks of life.
For about three years I taught some classes with extreme cross-cultural demographics. Everyone says that so I’ll give an example to be clear: kids born in the Middle East, rich white kids, poor black kids, poor white kids, middle class black kids, even intellectual disparities with IQs ranging from 70 to 130 - all in the same classes. The good point was the kids eventually found that every group has statistical outliers. The well-read well-behaved black kids from the projects, rich white kids who couldn’t ****ing read, nerdy looking kids who couldn’t do math, whatever stereotype, it was never universal and exposure to that forces most people to understand that you have to deal with people case-by-case.

But whether it’s work or school it’s wrong to force people to interact. The most profound lesson was people get ****ing sick of each other. Whatever their background, introverted kids were constantly being mind raped by the whole scene. A 13 year old kid who decides to walk out of class and sit outside in the quiet will be arrested. ARRESTED! If I lived a thousand years that would never make any ****ing sense to me. The audacity and arrogance of the school system is unbelievable. I was even told it was illegal for me to quit without notice like I did lol. I’m like **** you bitches I’m grown. But kids should be able to say **** this **** when they get fed up, too. Adults don’t really know what’s best. We **** these kids up until they can’t think straight. It’s insane.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote