Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #7984 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
OMG I hope it will. I just think self-righteous attitudes like elphenor's are absolutely not the way to go. Those who consider it acceptable to hit their kids basically have to be convinced that those who don't are raising children who are at least of as much worth as their own. In my experience they do not believe that is true, but the tide will not be turned by elitists like elph.

So you're a worthless white kid just like me. Please calm your rhetoric and start taking in other view points. Hopefully it will make you less embarassing.
Yeah, and I've been trying to tell him this for a while, I don't think he cares. You can't point fingers and yell at people and expect that to change anything. Understanding the opposition will help you persuade them much more. He should know this, he sells time shares. But on the larger scale that you were comparing it too, I'm not sure it's going to prevent a cultural shift. While it may not convince the parents that practice it, it will influence the children and over time it may become as taboo as racism.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote