Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #7987 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Yeah, and I've been trying to tell him this for a while, I don't think he cares. You can't point fingers and yell at people and expect that to change anything. Understanding the opposition will help you persuade them much more. He should know this, he sells time shares. But on the larger scale that you were comparing it too, I'm not sure it's going to prevent a cultural shift. While it may not convince the parents that practice it, it will influence the children and over time it may become as taboo as racism.
Hopefully. I mean I'm not just making up **** that I changed my stance. I have family that believe in corporal punishment and I have very strong feelings against it, but it can be hard to look past that and see that those people that hit you in the face actually want the best for you and would literally take a bullet for you. It doesn't make it right, but they still want the best for you and millions (billions) of parents feel the same, and to reduce all of their efforts to make you happy to abuse simply because they had the wrong approach is myopic.

At its most basic we're talking about loving children, and the current Western approach is almost to imply that anyone who doesn't use the prescribed method of child rearing doesn't love their kid. Or at least to minimize their love for their children.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote