Music Banter - View Single Post - Irish punk
Thread: Irish punk
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

My Irish Punk band are The Radiators from Space. They don't play a blend of Celtic music and Punk (well not on their debut album TV Tube Heart). They are more of the original "back to the basic of Rock and Roll" style of Punk Rock. They quote Nut Rocker by B.Bumble & The Stingers in the Television Screen intro. It's like only a few bars but interestingly Punk bands do that, play an intro to one song then break into their own song.

The Radiators from Space - Television Screen on National Television 2004

The Radiators (from Space): Enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Whatever happened to all, anyway? I miss that guy!

Interesting thing about Irish/Celtic Punk is so many bands who play it are, well, not Irish. Plenty of Americans, Canadians and Australians, but if you look, there are Serbian, German, Norwegian ... it's all over the place, dude. Just like the Irish!
Orthodox Celts are a Serbian band that play Celtic music.

Orthodox Celts - Star Of The County Down

Black 47 will blow your socks off, they are like a cross between Prefab Sprouts and Celtic music. This band is a dream come true for you.

Black 47 "Funky Céilí"

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 04-21-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote