Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #594 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
I think when grunge came out, it became fashionable to be average musicians, sing songs about depression and cringe at anyone who had big hair and was actually good at playing an instrument. In that wake of Grunge there were a lot of bands that didn't deserve to be thrown by the wayside. Kurt Cobain was ****. Kurt Cobain's song writing was trash. Really listen to "smells like teen spirit." It sounded like that he just mushed a bunch of words that rhymed together and forced it into a song. He couldn't play the guitar worth a piss and his vocals were gar-bitch. Dude sounded like he gargled on some **** when he sang If he were alive today he would have been a has-been. He died at his height... that is the only reason why people consider him a "legend" like I said if he were alive today he would be playing concerts at Wal-Mart.
I think Cobain was a legit good songwriter with an ear for a good melody. He had a singing voice that matched the music perfectly as well.

You're entitled to the hate boner you have for grunge, but couldn't you at least say something new? You keep reiterating that grunge bands had no musical talent, but that's a very myopic and closed minded way to look at things. You're too caught up in the idea that music has to be this very specific thing and come from this very particular perspective. It might not be your thing, but I honestly don't believe that you've ever even tried to understand it.

There's lots of genres I'm not a fan of (yet), but I wouldn't simply dismiss the talent of all involved. That's just not very constructive. It's much more interesting to try and give genres yet another chance now and then.

I bitch, moan and whine about all sorts of bands that I don't like - I'll admit that - but I wouldn't dismiss a whole genre. I've even started to see the light in hip hop... it's a brave new world and it definetely beats becoming a grumpy old man as the years pass. I kind of really, really want to avoid that.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote