Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #621 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol’ Qwerty Bastard View Post
damn how have i been sleeping on this thread for so long

can someone get me up to date with a tl;dr of the walls of text
tl;dr : Hair Metal good, Grunge bad. Grunge was also responsible for 9/11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
You forgot the ad hominem' and other varied insults.
I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol’ Qwerty Bastard View Post
i mean most grunge that i’ve heard has totally been balls to be fair
I don't like it either, but the opinions espoused by this guy - that it killed hair metal, that grunge musicians can neither write nor play music - is beyond ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
I guess i am an adult with no sense. Everything is trolling to someone now days.I find that if someone does not agree with me, then I am allegedly a troll. They want to control a conversation.Accusing someone in an open forum is quite toxic.The problem is, people here on this forum think somebody disagreeing with them is automatic trolling.
This is a perfect example of you not listening, or seeing what you want to see. LOOK AT MY POST AGAIN AND READ IT THIS TIME! Nobody is slagging you for having a different opinion. EVERYONE is slagging you because you are shouting in a vacuum, sticking your head in a hole, or your fingers in your ears, refusing to engage, talk, debate or discuss and while you're doing wonders for recycling with your comments, we're all tired of them. But you're obviously not listening so why am I bothering?

In the words of the late George Michael: one more try. Look at some of the other threads, where people have wildly opposing views. Look at discussions between Frownland and me, or Chula and Frownland, or Elphenor and Occulthawk. Look at the difference: these people discuss things, they don't endless recycle and repeat the same garbage posts and think that that somehow makes or helps their case. I refuse to believe you are this stupid. Can you not understand what you're being told here? Am I wasting my time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I think everybody just wants you to engage with the response you're getting from your posts. This is a discussion forum not a one way message board.
****ing exactly. In a goddamn nutshell. (Case, more like...)