Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks About This Artist?: I.C.P
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Actually having listened to a full album, I can't say that I think eveything about ICP sucks. It's the reputation of their fanbase that makes the band seem downright awful.

I think the band has its moments of creativity and some of the humor even lands. Pretty good production and varied soundscapes on some of their stuff as well.

It's not my thing, but I find it hard to say that it's bad for what it is. It's supposed to be some goofy, kinda "cinematic" cracker rap, telling rowdy, humorous tales of drug fuelled murder sprees... or something. It's Cannibal Corpse transplanted into a hip hop context.

The band fails hard in a bunch of areas where they're not really trying to succeed, so it's hard to fault them for that. It's like how Britney Spears kinda fails at being Schöenberg.

To be fair, I might have heard them best-foot-forward and not their worst material.

I feel like the rhythms of their bars are too repetitive and simple. That feels like something they should be better at than they are, them being a hip hop act after all.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote