Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks about This Artist?: Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #71 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

^ Will check it out when you post a working link
(EDIT: Was directed at that clip posted by Elph. I'm listening to it now.)

I've just been through the entire Dark Side of the Moon album. I listened to the first 1½ minutes of "Any Colour You Like" 5 times because it's undisputedly the best thing about this album. Also, I really didn't like "The Great Gig in the Sky".

With some disappointment, I have to conclude that I find the vocals of this band really damn boring. Just neither detailed, expressive or flamboyant enough to register in any way inside my brain at all. Musically, I get the appeal of Floyd better, even if I can't exactly see myself becoming a fan any time soon.

My favorite singers tend to be of a vastly different type than this. I'm a huge fan of Mike Patton, Kate Bush and Kyo from Dir En Grey. All very much on the more strange, wild and wide-ranging end of the scale. Tori Amos, Suzanne Vega and David Gahan being examples of another style of vocalist that I can really dig.

As far as vocalists in more of a rock style, I supposed the singers of Christian Mistress, Roxy Music respectively, as well as PJ Harvey and Shannon Wright are more my speed.

I feel like the vocals of Pink Floyd (at least on DSOTM) are quite in style with the Beatles - which is another band where the singing does nothing at all for me.

I'm just not a classic rock guy. If it's classic rock, but isn't Roxy Music - I don't like it.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote