Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #164 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Some fresh new tracks:

DIR EN GREY - 人間を被る (Ningen wo Kaburu)

My boys Dir En Grey just released a new single two days ago. It's typical of the band to release a single without immediately revealing if an album is actually on the way, so I'm still scratching my head on this one. One can only hope.

It's the single edit, most probably, so I'm hoping that the chorus doesn't feel so shoehorned in when an eventual album version drops.

Judging from the style of this track, they're staying the course from the last album, Arche, and I'm cool with that.

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS - Losing My Humanity (Official Lyric Video) | Napalm Records

I loved their 2017 album, Prevail I - and now they're already out with the sequel album. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one soon, so I've chosen to not actually hear anything at all from the album. I trust these guys to get it right. I don't even know what I'm posting here.

CRUACHAN - THE HARP, THE LION, THE DRAGON AND THE SWORD | TROLLZORN

In what is nothing more than a total coincidence, Cruachan has a new album out. I just posted about the band above and then I bump into this a week later. Huh. Anyway, cool beans. I'll look forward to hearing the album, even if I have no idea if the band has developed for better or worse over the years. I only know their early material. This one sounds alrright.

In This Moment - "Black Wedding feat. Rob Halford" [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

Ok, so this is cheating as the album is from last year. I only got into this band recently though, and this music video is new. Kind of a weird track. Sounds like Katy Perry and has a stolen Billy Idol hook. Not sure what I think of it - but I know I don't hate it.

ZEAL & ARDOR - Waste (Official Audio)

I'm still not sure what to think of this group, but I've got a feeling they'll grow to be well liked in music nerd circles.
Right now, they're only starting to catch some attention, having been around since 2014.
If nothing else, I think they're pretty unique. Every track I've heard seems like something a bit different.

Last edited by MicShazam; 04-27-2018 at 12:01 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote