Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 07:23 AM   #804 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I feel like this could benefit from being a little bit more raw, but apart from that, it's a great American(a) primitivism record worth scoping out. Some stunningly beautiful moments on this record.

Maurizio Abate - Standing Waters
^ Yep, I agree with your comment; I was disappointed that the "teaser" track is the only one with a decent bit of drone. For the rest, it's just acoustic guitar instrumentals all the way. Some nice moody moments though. If I had to describe the album in one adjective beginning with "H", I would say "Haunting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
I really like this group called "Faun". Reminds me alot of Nordman, kind of that folk/rock sort of music. Next week is Walpurgis night btw (though the pole dancing is reserved for mid sommar, at least here ).

^ Nice tracks, Lilja. I hope you start posting more often again. There is, for instance, a "Confessions" thread which you might like to use the morning after Walpurgis Night!