Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 03:43 AM   #663 (permalink)
Nick1976
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Radio is dead. You can listen to anything under the sun with a few clicks. Make use of it!

What does it even matter? You can listen to hair metal until you puke and no one will stop you.

It's almost as if there's all this music out there that is neither. This false dichotomy is forced and unhelpful.

I happen to actually occasionally visit some of those big music websites, look in a music magazine at my library, etc. and they talk about all sorts of music. You just don't even know what you're talking about.

And there's so much fun, fist pumping newer music. You just stopped looking.

And there were reasons why people stopped caring. Seriously.

It's great that you enjoy this music, but - no offense - you are completely and totally, helplessly stuck in your own past. You gotta learn to live in 2018.
My wife and I have been married for 17 years and have a 16 year old son. One of my son's 16 year old friends was over recently and I was playing some Megadeth "Rust in Peace" album . My son said her comment was "who's listening to that crap music?" My son loves Arcade Fire, Imagine Dragons and Rah Rah . But he also says he is a Metalhead simply because of all the time he's listened to Heavy Metal while growing up with me. His favorite metal song is "Shake me" Cinderella.
Nick1976 is offline   Reply With Quote