Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #665 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
You can disagree with someone without judging them.I didn`t see her judging him I saw her wishing him well despite her beliefs.

And being a christian doesn`t mean having to live your life as a monk you know.
hahaha...no actually Richard, what you fail to realize is just why the Catholic church finds homosexuality unnatural and sinful. because homosexual sex does not produce children, according to the catholic dogma, all sex is sinful and wrong if it's not specifically intended for procreation. people who have sex out of wedlock and use protection, even married couples that have sex without the intent of having children ( oral sex included ) are sinners just as big as homosexuals. i'm assuming the girl is not a virgin which in fact WOULD make her a hypocrite.

the question of homosexuality being unnatural is debatable, what exists in nature cannot be unnatural, although the same can be applied to other " deviant" behavior, bottom line being, it's unnaturalness is defined by the social community and the opinion of the majority in a specific time frame. in ancient greece and amongst the native americans, homosexuality was perfectly natural. it became unnatural and undesirable after the condemnation of such behavior in the book of Leviticus. as for myself, i find the Bible to be a work of man, not God, thus susceptible to erroneous opinions and tied to the spirit of the time when it was created. i could go on on other "debatable" excerpts from the bible and their application to modern times but it would take too long.

sorry, i simply cannot tolerate ignorance. if she had any arguments about it she could have argued them, but i suspect her beliefs are based on prejudice alone without any real thought put into it and that's something i can't stand.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote