Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 03:47 PM   #724 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
Guns n Roses "Not in This Lifetime" tour was 2016's highest-earning per-city global concert tour as well as the fourth-highest-grossing overall that year. In 2017 the tour ranked as the second highest grossing worldwide tour. Also the tour is fourth highest grossing tour of all time. At the time I never thought of G n R in the same realm as Poison and Warrant and other Glam Metal bands. I remember the first time I heard Welcome To The Jungle.

I knew right away something wasn't right. It wasn't the music I had grown up with. It had a genuinely remorseless sneer to it. The wink and nod with a sly smile never materialized. I think the real disconnect here is that some folks don't understand that Heavy Metal was immensely popular in the 80's/early 90's. And thus it was the trend setter when it came to fashion. Look at early pics of Metallica. James Hetfield could have passed as Steven Adler's brother.

Oh, and one of the reasons so many bands wore spandex was because of how well the material held up. Most bands wore spandex or leather for that exact reason.
Well, that's why all my clothes are spandex.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote