Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 09:56 PM   #10837 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
My complaint is this: SHS was invited as a guest, sat in full public view without a microphone to defend herself, then insulted to her face for being ugly. To me it's those circumstances that make the joke so cruel, and yes, Michelle Wolf is a comedian, but is that really a carte blanche to say what you like where you like without regard to people's feelings ?
The roasting is one of the most well-known parts of this event. Stephen Colbert famously eviscerated George W. Bush to his face at one of these and Larry Wilmore dropped the N-word while trashing Obama to his face at another. It's sort of a symbolic celebration of free speech in the face of power. It's too bad for Sanders that her boss is such a baby that he wasn't there for the roasting but she chose to take a job which involves her being his proxy. No one is forcing her to stay in that job and it's not like she'd be the first to resign from the position.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote