Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #50499 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
My condolences Mic. One of my friends told me recently one of our childhood friend hung himself and even though i haven't thought about the guy in years it still broke my heart. Apparently he had to care of his mom which was very demanding and didn't let him have his own life so after a big fight with her he hung himself.

It's always shocking to hear someone you knew and liked died even if you weren't super close with them.
This of course hits very close to home for me, and I can see how someone would be driven to take those sort of desperate and irrevocable measures in that situation, which is similar to mine. However, luckily for me, Karen and I get on great - despite me constantly telling her that she'll never know the time or place when I strike, asking her if she can smell arsenic in her food and smiling, and promising to come down one night with a hammer. She knows it's all in fun (or she thinks it is) and helps get both of us over the sometimes hard fact that has to be faced that we are going to be together until one of us dies.

She has kept her sense of humour, and I mine (what do you mean, when did I get a sense of humour, you weren't told?) so the situation isn't as black as it could be. Caring for a parent has to be harder though: at least Karen and I are basically on the same age level (seven years between us) whereas caring for someone much older must be really hard. My condolences to you on the death of your friend. I'm just glad I always do my best to see the good in everything, even when I want to strangle her. I can't imagine leaving her on her own, so no matter how bad it gets, we get by and I continue not to die. Become something of an expert on it, after almost fifty-five years!