Music Banter - View Single Post - Evil
Thread: Evil
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Yes I believe that evil exists. Next!
About the level of contribution I'd expect from you. Well done, you didn't let me down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
It’s a worthwhile philosophical question
Yes. Yes it is. It may not be as simple as we all think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I don't use that word about the real world very often. Usually there's either mental illness or some kind of misguided intent behind "evil" actions. Breivik, for example, imagined himself to kill all of those young people for the sake of his country.

Maybe I'm thinking of real evil as requiring a high level of sadism. But then again, evil is not synonymous with cruelty, so I'm not sure how I'd say what evil is to me.

Like I said, I rarely use the word about anything real-world applicable. I guess I think of "evil" as more of a cackling movie villain thing, as well as a thing that's often closely tied to religious descriptions of the world.
Thanks for taking this seriously.

I've plenty to say about this, but hell, if nobody else is going to take it seriously I'm not bothering. I guess I'll see who, if anyone, actually tries to have a conversation/debate here instead of just making stupid jokes, as seems to be the norm. Why did I even bother to stay, I ask myself?