Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #166 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

My Mind on Metal - A top 100 of great metal tracks: Part 2

A long, long way to go, so I'll try and speed things along (hah! as if I don't fail to return to 90% of the things I say I'm gonna do).

(#6) Symphony X - The Accolade

Actually, I dislike this band. This song is an example of how sometimes, a band just makes that one song you can really get along with for whatever reason. I owned the whole album once and I thought it was lame as hell, but this song has all sorts of good things going for it.

Pretty stellar vocal and guitar performances, especially. It's probaly the song I like that has the most obvious, stylistic ties to old school prog rock.

(#7) Blind Guardian - Bright Eyes

Another band I'm not crazy about. Totally listenable, but this is the one Blind Guardian song I need to have on my HD. Listen to this one a few times and realize what a cool, well constructed progression it goes through. Massively fun to listen to.

(#8) Savatage - Tonight He Grins Again

While we're at it: Yeat another band I don't really like that did one really good song. It's kind of cheesy, but I can't deny that I enjoy the hell out of it. Those high notes especially. The best kind of old-school metal cheese.

(#9) Metallica - Where The Wild Things Are

This might be the only Metallica song to make this list. I'm not even sure it's my favorite, but right now, in this very moment, it is the one I feel like listening to.

(#10) Crisis - Bloodlines

This is more like it! I like those other songs a lot, but this band is one that I honestly really love. Her histrionic vocal performance lends a crazy energy to the track and the drumming is invincible. I love listening to this one LOUD.

Last edited by MicShazam; 05-04-2018 at 02:12 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote