Music Banter - View Single Post - White Shaming
Thread: White Shaming
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 03:32 AM   #104 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
you choose to read it this way as do most reactionaries when faced with a truth that shouldn't even be controversial

Just so happened? The most dominate world empires did just so happen to arise out of Europe, but the leaders were white because... the people were white

until relatively recent history even the most destitute white was just glad he didn't have dark skin (still holds true in some parts of the US)
It's not reactionary, I genuinely do not understand your logic and so far it seems bias and disingenuous.

I'm not talking historically, im talking modern day society.. what white people did in the past to get us to where we are today has nothing to do with the conversation.

Can you please give me an example of a system in America that oppresses black people that ONLY white people participate in? Show me a voting statistic of white people passing legislation where 0 minorities agreed? Anything? There is no doubt that white people still have more opportunities in society, but to sit here and claim that the group as a whole is still actively oppressing minorities across the board is ignorant. There are certainly microcosms where this is true, but generally speaking it sounds fallacious.

Quote:
because the context was such that you equated an extremist with Muslims as a whole and followed a series of such misrepresentations
Kind of like how you use white extremism to push your idea that whites as a whole are oppressors... hmmm

Double standards?

Quote:
I tend to side with the oppressed and not the oppressor
That's your problem. This isn't about taking sides, it's about objective reasoning. You form an opinion and then find evidence to support it.. Keep painting targets around that arrow of yours, see how close it gets you to reality.

Quote:
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 05-07-2018 at 05:57 AM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote