Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #23376 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Floor ****ting is weird because do they even wipe?
Nah they'd get splinters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
I can't believe we still have to worry about humans controlling their bowels. it's barely excusable for children. Get your **** together, literally.

Got called for jury duty AGAIN for the second time in a year. I thought they only hit you up every few years or something. Don't they know better than to ask me to adequately judge my peers?
Yeah here it's once every three years or something but I think it might be only applicable if you've actually served. Like at the end the judge will say thanks for your service, you are now exempted from being called for three years or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Never been called for jury duty. U mad?
I have, once. Didn't get selected though. Very boring. Karen got called twice. They have no information other than name and address, so I have to keep sending back the form telling them she couldn't possibly go.
Quote:
I am mad. It's so ****ing tedious and boring. Consider yourself lucky. Maybe if the case was of OJ grandeur I'd be more excited.
God yes it's boring waiting isn't it? And you can't even listen to music in case they call you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'd probably ignore everything and vote along with the other jurors just so I could get the hell out of there.
You have to get selected first. Before that there's day after day of just waiting to see if you're picked. Not picked? Home (or back to work) with ya but come back tomorrow and we'll do it all over again.
Quote:
They do give you plenty of chances to exempt yourself, but you still have to sit through juror selection and answer a bunch of dumb ****ing questions. At the last case I had the defense was comparing cocaine to cupcakes to help us understand
I remember one judge started with "Now who here watches CSI?" Hands shot up. "Do you believe that's how the criminal justice system works?" Any who said yes were immediately dismissed.