Music Banter - View Single Post - Celebrities You Hate
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #118 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That, gentlemen, was the joke.
We know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
I'm saying its understandable the whole town apart from a handful of non sport guys would be excited about team success. I don't see how a music artist is similar tbh they don't really represent the city in the same way.
I know what you mean. When Ireland qualify, or have a chance of doing so, everyone from babies to grannies, who would have zero interest in footy (footy footy FOOTY!) or even rugby get all excited and swept up in the occasion. It's always a good thing; brings the whole community together. Nothing like walking down streets seeing flags hanging out of windows, people chanting, everyone dressed in green, cars honking etc. Makes you forget your troubles - till we get knocked out at the preliminary stages of course!

Quote:
It's cool I don't care about the monarchy. Don't have strong feelings either way, I can see some of its benefits as well as its faults.
Seriously, and I'm not being a dick, what benefits? I don't see any but of course I'm Irish so you know. But what benefits do you see England gets in retaining an outdated system that almost no other country still uses?

Quote:
It would, not denying it. But a lot of people just turn up because traveling with England has a certain appeal to it for people not too concerned with the game, and England is a much bigger nation than Ireland so more troublemakers are going to go. Other European nations don't have the same culture of traveling that we do as well. It just attracts a lot of the wrong types.
Good point. And you always have the likes of Combat-13.