Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #200 (permalink)
Don
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LesPaul43_
And add the fact that Rush had such talent in all instruments....Neil Peart one of the best drummers ever in technical skill....geddy lee can shred on the bass like none other while singing....and alex is a very under-rated guitarist....everything about *** theater is over-rated...minus maybe the fact that petrucci is a very talented guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Wow, DT only have one talented member? Well of course you're aware that currently they have one of - if not - the best rock keyboardists ever. So I'm guessing you're referring to Rudess. But then you have Petrucci, who's hailed as one of the greatest modern guitarists. Then you have the drum god Portnoy whom everyone worships not just because of his drumming but because of his adept song writing and lyrics. Then you have one of the most underrated bassists ever, Myung. All you have to do is watch the L@B DVD and watch the Dance of Eternity section towards the end of "Instrumedly." That'd make any proficient bass player want to burn their instrument in a ten hour ritual. And last but not least, Mr. LaBrie. Some don't like his tonal colour but you can't argue with the fact that his expressiveness and his range is just phenomenal. Probably my favourite singer ever.
And I don't even think Rush are overrated because I don't even rate them at all. It's laughable comparing their talent to DT's.