Music Banter - View Single Post - down with spofity; revoluciĆ³n de soulseek
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 06:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses (1993)

Tagged: Gothic Metal, Doom Metal

Recommended by: The Batlord

A gothic metal album, with that album cover, recommended by Batlord and glowing reviews wherever I looked. Gotta be honest, I was pretty pumped to listen to it. But I am sad to report that I thought it was completely bland and lacked energy from beginning to end.

For starters, the lead vocalist is garbage. No personality at all and brings the vibe down as opposed to adding any value at all. It's also way too fucking long considering it's distinct lack of diversity in sound. As I write this I'm listening to it again and all I can think of is skipping every track once it has been scrobbled. Not a good sign. It's strange because I usually like almost anything that's in this scene, and it's hard to say what is specifically "wrong" in the music, but it misses the mark on every aspect musically. Nothing riffs, nothing vocals, nothing moody atmosphere and overstays it's welcome.

I would go through my favourite and least favourite songs, but nothing made enough of an impression either way. It's not bad enough to truly dislike anything on here, or good enough to give a serious thumbs up. Just plain and boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote