Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Colours" by Adam F
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 10:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Maybe this is a bad example of the genre (though you seem to think it's the pinnacle) so if you want, outside of the club structure, rec me one or two more albums (not by him) in the same vein and I'll see if I can get anything from them. But I won't be changing my mind on this one. For me, the only "colours" I heard were grey and a pale, wishy-washy beige.

Sorry, but Adam can F off.
It isn't a bad example of the genre. That's the point. It received nearly universal critical acclaim. Atmospheric drum n' bass is like perfect driving music, and its purpose isn't all that different from good ambient. It engages subconsciously.

The main reason I suggested Colours is that its one of the few cases where someone deep into the scene attempted to appeal to people outside of the genre's core audience. Variety and all that. Goldie (in his own way) attempted that feat with Timeless around '95, and that album is a major touchstone for electronic / EDM music in general of the era, not just jungle. But it would have been sad to see that one ripped apart, so I picked something a bit more accessible.

I'll give the man (or woman) who can get you into stuff along these lines or jazz a medal.

Frownland: Do u Spotify m8
https://open.spotify.com/album/46mzpy3WxTaNpJm1Bqpkho

I can also be pre-2012 and share a zip file with you or something.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote