Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you Writing now?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #672 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Sunset Eyes

All right, this was a cyberpunk thing, wasn't it? I'm not great with them. I couldn't follow this. Some enhanced rogue cyborg or something, but I really don't know what the story was supposed to be. It was extremely well written, in I'd say a kind of Philip K Dick way, but the idea that you were kind of supposed to know everything that was being spoken about, and that nothing was adequately explained, left me a little lost. The ending was odd, too, though I had sort of gathered by the last few pages that it was not going to end with any sort of real resolution.

Well written, great imagery but the story plotline is something I found next to impossible to follow. Still, I'll give it a decent 6/10

Edit: All right, the next one has SIXTY-SEVEN pages. Don't expect a report for a few days.
Woah, 6/10 is actually way more than I was expecting.

Never read any of Philip K. Dick's works, or really all that much Sci-Fi in general, though I have read many of William Gibson's novels. Neuromancer is probably my favorite book of all time, and it pretty much ruined me and the way I approach the genre. I just dive right in and expect the reader to figure out and interpret what's going on.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote