Music Banter - View Single Post - Nathanblake719 babbles about bands he doesn't like
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:02 AM   #40 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanblake719 View Post
Sorry if my post offended you. It's just my opinion. Everyone has their own individual tastes. QOTSA just don't appeal to me. I just heard go with the flow on spotify and i can confirm right now that I still think they suck. The song is a 3 power chord riff that never stops until the song finally ends. There's no different part for the chorus or even a bridge too make the song even a little bit more interesting. If that were just a lesser track on the album maybe it wouldn't be that bad. But the song was the first single off of the album and it even had a music video. If that's the best they can do they obviously ****en suck. That song makes green day's songs seem technical. I've got nothing against Josh Homme personally. I just hate his band and music. I don't think they or their music deserves the attention and praise it gets.
As if music is about being "technical".

The song is supposed to have this constant, driving, forward movement. The music video is a car driving non-stop on a straight line road for a reason. It would be boring if all their songs were like this, but it's the only one and I think it's a really cool song that makes great use of this simple idea.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote