Music Banter - View Single Post - Nathanblake719 babbles about bands he doesn't like
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #52 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Dude. The donkey thing was a reward, not punishment.

(I swear to god TH, if you make an ass joke...)
Hey, all I was going to say was that he misheard: we said he had to get drunk off his ass, not ....

@OP: Word to the wise from the not very wise - Never a great idea to make your first post a list of bands you hate. Remember, you're coming into a brand new forum (to you) with people you've never met. You risk alienating and upsetting some of them by pissing on their taste, even if accidentally or unknowingly. This is why we have the introduction thread. Makes much more sense, and eases you in better (shut up, both Batty and Hawk!) if you say who you are, what you LIKE as well as what you don't like, and make a much more balanced post. Coming in like you did just makes you out to be, well, another Nick1976. And believe me, you don't want that.

If people know what you're into, then they may react differently when you say what you don't like. If you're a proghead like me, they'll just stuff you away in some unobtrusive corner and ignore everything you say, knowing you have **** taste and are not worth talking to. If you're into jazz or experimental or drone or whatever, you may make new friends. If you're into indie rock they'll realise you're a twat and so on. Better not to rant, at least not at first, but if you must, then better to know who it is that's ranting so that they can be responded to appropriately.

Most importantly, if you're staying here, be sure you understand that everyone here has different tastes, and though you may hate, say, extreme metal, others may love it. Don't piss people off either through ignorance or arrogance: you only get to do that after you've been here a while.