Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Drop the Vowels" by Millie & Andrea
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Oh god I'm annoyed right now. I had a whole review typed out, then, before I pressed post, I voted and the page refreshed itself, deleting my text. My fault, I know, but.... Aaaaaarrrhhhh! Hulk. Smash.

Long story short, I think the album is repetitive and boring. Nice sounds, but there's so little progression in most of these tracks that sitting through it was almost painful. "Spectral Source" is the guiltiest track of them all - and of course the longest. Skip worthy in the extreme.

"Corrosive" shows what the album could have been like if it wasn't boring (even if parts of that track are also boring), but sadly, the album is generally content to just noodle about in the background. You could call it minimalist, but then you're just trying to camouflage how dull the album is with rhetoric.

Muzak for the cross section between the electronica and ambient fanbases. Not even different enough to be interesting for its sounds. I almost never listen to these genres and still feel like I've heard it all before.

Can't wait to hear an explanation of what's supposed to be interesting about this one.

Voted "disliked it".
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote