Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Colours" by Adam F
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Frownland's hot takes: Adam F's Colours

Intro

A solid kickstart, very Miles influenced. 6.8/10

Carries forward the fusion, very slick. 7/10

Metropolis

Cool and spooky psychedelic start. Let's hope he doesn't **** it up. I **** with this beat and the keys. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. Absolute banger. 8/10

Music in My Mind
Decent production, not a huge fan of the guitar, sax, or vocals though. Dig the fat bass and flute. 4/10

Jaxx

Sci-fi intro, very spacy. Bassy, glassy beat, kinda cliched but not bad. Vocal loops aren't really necessary but whatever. Gets pretty sick as it goes along and the beat gets busier. Overstays its welcome a bit. 6/10

Mother Earth
What is this, Korn? Because it's corny af. This would be nice if it was just ambient drones and drums. **** that sax. The beat at the end is slick save for the ****ing saxophone which bumps it up to a 3/10

The Tree Knows Everything (feat. Tracy Thorn)

Oh god what the ****. Too upbeat, hate the r&b elements or whatever the ****. Jfc. Cut this bull**** and stick to bangers. 1/10

Circles (album edit)

Pretty weak bassline over standard beats. Whatever. It improves a bit as it evolves. 3.5/10

Dirty Harry

Kinda dreamy, kinda funky pretty meh overall. 4/10

F Jam (feat. MC Conrad)

Tight MC. Production isn't that interesting overall though, the jazzy elements are just dull tbh. 4/10

Colours

Nah. 1/10

I really enjoyed some tracks, but overall it's meh. Some outright garbage on here man.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote