Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you get used to sh!t or sick of sh!t?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

I was quite misanthropic at an early age. As I've gotten older, my patience has grown, but I'm quite a bit more disconnected and distant from when I was younger. I don't have the energy to be angry anymore, and more times often than not it's more trouble than it's worth so, I just adapt. I did 2 years of operations management and shipping and receiving management under a very verbally abusive employer out of 4 years of working with that guy. So, I can handle most things. It's actually been a very positive experience for me as an adult. I had to adjust and adapt, and that was quite difficult and took lots of time, it came with much pain and suffering, but it was worth it.

I do however, have a morbid sense of humor. I like a lot of humor, I just don't like comedy movies, and I'm picky about comedy television shows. But I'm all for sarcasm and ironic deadpan humor. Laughter is healthy for you.

A lot of people have told me that giving up is bad but honestly after I gave up and stopped trying to fight everything and control everything all the time, I began to be happier. Which was awkward. I didn't welcome the feeling at first because it felt so unnatural since it had just been that long, but I gave it some time and it's been a world of a difference to me.

I've considered going back to medication to treat my clinical depression, but I had several bad experiences with it when I was younger, the main problem being that it make it EXTREMELY difficult for me to write or be artistically expressive in any way. I also have memory problems from that time period, and so as an adult I've just pursued attempting to micromanage it myself along with other things in my life.

Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 05-14-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: On Medicine
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote