Music Banter - View Single Post - Nathanblake719 babbles about bands he doesn't like
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 10:42 PM   #185 (permalink)
Nathanblake719
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanblake719 View Post
Hey The Sane Psycho, that's great that you love pop punk. I certainly don't. And it's good that you mentioned it because you brought up some more very overrated bands. The Ramones and Black Flag are two of the most overrated bands of all time. The Ramones are considered punk rock legends, their t-shirts are worn by people who aren't even punk rock fans. The band is featured in the soundtracks for both Pet Cemetery movies. Their most famous songs are the songs Blitzkreig Bop and Rock N Roll High School, songs which I don't think are anything special but think they must be very influential to be talked about as much as they are. Black Flag are considered underground punk rock legends. They are talked about allot by musicians even though they've never done one decent tune in their entire lives. Henry Rollins is not even a singer but for some reason decided to be the vocalist. Henry Rollins has gone on to be a music commentator and television personality as well as an Actor and motivational speaker. I think he's better at those things than at being a crappy singer. People talk about how good Black Flag are but can't even mention one song that's even worth listening to. They must enjoy the experience of the band rather than the actual musical compositions that the band creates which are pieces of crap. Henry Rollins makes up for his lack of musical talent by just behaving like an absolute hyperactive, antisocial nutcase and thinks that it makes him some sort of cool person.
Look I like what the bands stand for on paper but that doesn't mean that they are musically good bands. Just because they're underground and anti commercial and have allot of integrity that doesn't mean they're great bands. People should just admit it and say "Well they're not great bands but I like what they stand for". Instead of saying they are great bands. And once again I'm not saying this to **** on your tastes. Black Flag or The Ramones certainly would never be on my cd player.
Nathanblake719 is offline   Reply With Quote