Music Banter - View Single Post - Nathanblake719 babbles about bands he doesn't like
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 04:31 AM   #271 (permalink)
Nathanblake719
Music Addict

Some more very overrated bands are The Living End, Powderfinger, Grinspoon, The Regurgitator and The Dissociatives oh oh and lets not forget Something for Kate. Also Eskimo Joe.

The Living End are known for their hits Prisoner of Society, All Torn Down and the horrible song White Noise. I don't know if they have had success in america but I do know they had a song in the game Guitar Hero 2. The Horrible Wes Carr performed White noise on the Australian Idol final and he won and went on to have a horrible solo career with the leading single called You. Not much else to say about the band because I'm not a fan but it seems that the longer this band went on the worst their music got.

Powderfinger are an Australian post grunge and alternative rock band that have been around since the 90's. With horrible songs like Passenger, My Happiness, These Days, On my Mind and Already gone not to mention the very mediocre soundtrack they did for the Australian movie Two Hands with Heath ledger which was quite a good movie. The band never had success outside of Australia but are considered a great Australian band. I'll admit Bernard Fanning has quite a unique voice but I still couldn't listen to one of their songs. My sister brags about being a fan of theirs but she's never had one of their songs on her ipod.

The third band Grinspoon I really couldn't tell you much about them. All I know is that they are an Australian Post Grunge band and they had more pure grunge songs early on in their career but then changed to a more commercial pop rock style to get more success which didn't actually work for them. I know maybe two songs by them which I don't know any of the titles.... I don't wanna know them. They aren't the most successful band of all time but I still think they are overrated.

The Regurgitator are an Australian alternative rock band. With ridiculous songs like Polyester Girl and I Will Lick Your ******* the band are impossible to take seriously, something which they probably do intentionally. I think they are an overrated band that got way more exposure than they deserved.

The Dissociatives are an alternative rock side project of Daniel Johns from Silverchair and Paul Mac who is a DJ. I didn't like the side project because I didn't think Daniel Johns should experiment with electronic music. Silverchair were just another Grunge imitator but they were still a pretty good band and were very good songwriters for their age. The Dissociatives however were just a side project. A very bad side project. The band simply got better reviews and exposure than they deserved but I cant really blame Daniel Johns for wanting to try new things and work with different people.

Something for Kate I guess are an Australian alternative rock band from the 90's. I don't know any of their songs. I have heard them but I can't remember them, they just aren't worth remembering.This band is not very good but they are talked about as if they are. I don't think they deserve the amount of attention they get. End of story.

Eskimo Joe are an Australian alternative rock band from the 2000's. Their most famous songs are From the Sea, Black Fingernails Red Wine, Older Than You and Sarah. Their vocalist kind of sounds like Sting from The Police. I remember when they had a number 1 hit in 2006 with Black Finger Nails Red Wine I thought it was a great achievement for them and I thought the song was pretty good. But as time passed looking back I can clearly see how bad this band is. They are not very good and even their hit songs are no way near as good as alternative rock bands from the US or UK. In conclusion with all the attention and good reviews they got I think they are an overrated band.

Those are all the bands I can think of right now. More will be mentioned soon. Thanks for reading.
Nathanblake719 is offline   Reply With Quote