Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #170 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Been a little while since any substantial additions were last made to this journal, so I feel like I gotta reach into my pocket and see what I've got:

STAM1NA - Elämänlanka
From an as-of-yet unnamed upcoming 2018 studio album.

Feels kinda flat to be the only one in here who's going to be super hyped about this band's new single, but here it is. Can't wait for the album, but I'm probably going to have to wait until after summer.
I like the direction this single takes. Way less heavy than I'd have expected. Feels very poppy and very "Nordic", in some odd way.
EDIT: The original link was an illicit upload of a Spotify rip. The band put up the official lyric video today, so I've replaced the song link with that.

Dir en Grey - Ash
Not sure there will be an album... but I'll know before 2018 is over.

This is a B-side from the band's new single. It's a remake of a very old song of theirs, from before their debut album. I really like it when it starts sounding more like rock a bit into the song.

Graham Bonnet Band - "Meanwhile, Back In The Garage" (Official Audio)
From the upcoming album of the same name.

Never cared about this guy or his bands ever before, but this new single is kinda fun to listen to. Plus the guy is in his 70's and still belting out stuff like this. Impressive!

Suzanne Ciani - The Velocity Of Love (full album)

Don't remember where I found this, but it's got quite a vibe to it in some places. It's from 1986 and damn it, does it sound incredibly 80's or what!
EDIT: Listened to it a bit more. I'm in love! I simply have to buy this on CD

Last edited by MicShazam; 05-18-2018 at 02:07 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote