Music Banter - View Single Post - Nathanblake719 babbles about bands he doesn't like
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 11:53 PM   #352 (permalink)
Nathanblake719
Music Addict

More bad and overrated bands.

Smash Mouth are an alternative rock band from the 90's. Their biggest hits are All star, Walking on the Sun, Can't Get Enough of You Baby and I'm a Believer which is a cover. This band is hardly taken seriously and it's not just because of the lead singers weight. They did so many songs for soundtracks of movies like Rat Race and Shrek. They have even sampled 60's rock songs like The Doors Soul Kitchen for the song walking on the sun so that's pretty ****ing low of them. They even have other similar songs that sound very similar to songs by The Doors. This band is just commercial pop and never ever tried to be anything brilliant or taken seriously no wonder why they had so much commercial success and attention.

The Presidents of the United States of America are an Alternative Rock band from the 90s. They still are talked about in the mainstream media even though they have never done one good song in their entire careers. Their most famous songs are their cover of Video Killed the Radio star which was in the Wedding Singer soundtrack ,Peaches and Lump. They are another band like smash mouth that refuse to be taken seriously in any way which there's nothing wrong with but anyways. My sister says she likes this band but I have not seen the songs anywhere on her mp3 player. The alternative rock explosion in the 90's led to allot of bad bands like this one getting signed and having hits on the charts.

Cake are a comedy alternative rock band from the 90's. Their most famous songs are Short Skirt and Long Jacket, I will Survive and Never There. This band is a complete comedy band their most famous album Prolonging the Magic has a burgundy colored pig at the front of the album cover. I don't like comedy rock bands so maybe I'm biased here but I think this band is dumb and can't understand why people like them. My sister actually listens to them as if they're a serious band. Their song Short skirt and Long Jacket was in an ad for the Ipod nano I remember it was quite a while ago but it proved that the band were still relevant and popular.

Thanks for reading, plenty more bands to come.
Nathanblake719 is offline   Reply With Quote