Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 AM   #173 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I think I might like that STAM1NA single more than anything I heard on their last record. Never heard of Suzanne Ciani either: interestin'
I don't think Stam1na have been catching on a lot of places yet. Most of their fanbase is either Finnish or otherwise European. One of my favorite bands for sure, but they've been a hard sell on this forum!
I really like their approach to melodic metal. It sounds very modern; very forward looking to me. But it's hard to explain why exactly I'm so into their music.

That Suzanne Ciani album was just a complete chance encounter. I think I just stumbled over it on youtube, as a related video to another, or one step deeper. The cover seemed to suggest something like Celine Dion, but then you notice the huge synthesizer. Couldn't figure out what it was, so I had to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sane Psycho View Post
I'll have to start reading this journal. I keep hearing how good it is and how much effort you put into it, and you have good and eclectic taste from what I've noticed around these parts.
There's not actually a whole lot of writing in this journal. I put in the majority of the effort into checking out new singles and other music. The main idea with this journal is to simply post interesting/good music that I find. There's the odd deviation from that, but it's 90% about new and random discoveries that catch my eyes.
The writing is secondary. What I really want people to do is just listen to the music
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote