Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sane Psycho's ****posting Odyssey
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 01:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sane Psycho View Post
Okay, one more album review before I switch it up a bit.

Alice In Chains- Dirt

Have you ever wanted to hear a generic metal album with the most basic of riffs? Have you ever wanted to hear a lead singer that sounds like he's taking it in the ass 24/7? Have you ever wanted to listen to a pathetic junkie cry about despair, depression, addiction, suicidal thoughts, and self loathing? Have you ever wanted to hear a crappy band that inspired countless even crappier bands? Well now you can! Obviously a cynical cash in that rode the so called "grunge" movement, Dirt unleashed an uninspired Sabbath/Melvins clone on the masses. This is the definition of boring dad metal. You know those sad losers who feel sorry for themselves and want everyone else to feel sorry for them too? This is that in an album format. I will give it points because the vocal harmonies are a cool idea, if poorly executed, and I can't deny their influence. Still though, this is a metal album for posers who think Disturbed and Five Finger Death Punch are actually heavy.

3/10
What I like about this is that it's a ****post that Nick would have said almost word for word completely in earnest.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote