Music Banter - View Single Post - Nathanblake719 babbles about bands he doesn't like
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 07:20 AM   #365 (permalink)
Nathanblake719
Music Addict

More crappy overrated bands.

U2 are an Irish Post Punk and alternative rock band that started in the 80's. With huge hits like One, In the name of love, With or Without You, Beautiful Day,All I Want is You, Mysterious Ways,Vertigo, The Sweetest Thing and ****loads more. The band is still around and extremely popular even though they aren't chart toppers like they used to be in the 80's and 90's. Their 360 tour is the highest grossing tour of all time which goes to show how popular they still are. The Edge's reputation as a bad guitarist is as talked about now as much as ever. He clearly isn't holding the songs together with his guitar playing. If you listen to their songs especially with or without you you can clearly hear that the bass is the backing music for the entire song while The Edge just plucks on 2 notes repetitively which doesn't even add anything to the song. Sometimes The Edge's guitar playing does actually add something to the songs but even then he's really not doing much. You could say that even though U2's songs are not guitar heavy The Edge's light and simple playing compliments the bands sound on their songs. Without the delay effects and other pedals his playing would probably sound like ****. U2's songs are really not very strong. They are pretty bland and boring which is the main reason why it's so damn popular. The band are so rich that they just gave away their album Songs of Innocence for free as a free download in 2014.They knew they wouldn't make much money off of the sales anyway compared to what they'd make from touring. If the industry were healthier and file sharing wasn't as common as it is today they certainly wouldn't have done that. U2 even performed at the Grammy's in 2018 which goes to show that they are still somewhat relevant. This band is very overrated. I remember when Vertigo came out and I liked it. I certainly don't like it now that I've had a better musical education. If you search U2 on Google, under the People Also Search For heading the first band you see listed is Coldplay which makes the comparison of the similarities of the two bands that I made even more true. This band sucks but is really really damn rich and successful because they appeal to the casual listeners who can't even tell what is quality rock music or complete garbage.

Train are an american pop rock band from the 90's. Their most popular hits are Drops of Jupiter and Hey Soul Sister. Not much to say about this band but I remember how long this band went without a hit single and then in 2009 they just appeared out of nowhere with the hit song Hey Soul Sister. That's the kind of crap you need to fart out of your ass and package and then release to make it on the charts these days if you're a band who actually plays instruments and sings.
Nathanblake719 is offline   Reply With Quote