Music Banter - View Single Post - Nathanblake719 babbles about bands he doesn't like
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 11:29 AM   #373 (permalink)
Nathanblake719
Music Addict

Alright on the advice of Black Francis I'm gonna mention some bands that i think are good and underrated. To me the Garage Rock Revival in the early 2000's was a really good music scene that was happening at the time. With Bands like The Vines and the Hives and The Strokes coming out at the time. I really liked The Vines. Even though their sound was pretty limited I really dug their style when they first came out with the hit single Get Free. They only had success with Highly Evolved in the US and then their next album Winning Days was a failure which was really sad for them because everyone had hopes for The Vines that they were gonna be the next big rock band to take over the world. And then the media started harshly criticizing the band for not living up to their expectations. To me I think The Vines are pretty underrated. If rock was more popular at that point I'm sure that people would have been more interested in the vines. Craig Nicholls had the potential to be a big rockstar but he never reached that level of fame in the US or the rest of the world. The Vines continued to make albums after their fame dried up and the more albums they made the worst their music got but I still think their albums after Highly Evolved should have gotten more attention and success than they did.
Nathanblake719 is offline   Reply With Quote