Music Banter - View Single Post - What is your favourite Metal genre?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreattune View Post
Dude seriously? Come on
I understand listing genres like that makes you feel good because you have pride in being a metalhead and thats all well and good but wtf is stoner metal or stoner doom? Are they real genres? Like where does stoner metal even come from? Does it actually have a distinct sound?
Not trying to have a go at you or anything i'm just asking cos i've been in your shoes before and eventually i realised that a lot of these sub-genres are nothing more than slight variations that could come from any heavy metal band who want to try something different, not all of them but many fit into this category.
Stoner Metal

Quote:
P.s Glam Metal is hardly different from regular Heavy Metal, the only difference is the attitude and the fashion but the music is generally the same apart from the odd riff structure they employ to fit with their image
I want some of what you're smoking while I listen to stoner metal.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote