Music Banter - View Single Post - White Shaming
Thread: White Shaming
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #332 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
The problem with the white privilege claim is actually showing systematic white privilege. Also, the definition WIDELY varies. Bunch of anecdotes and questionable stats used on both sides. There is a difference between anecdotal racism holding down some minorities and systematic white privilege. Too much damn nuance to wrap my head around.. Idk.

These kinds of examples are just awful.. Take a scenario where only white people exist and there will be the same bias based around adjectives as well. People make snap judgements all the time based on how you carry yourself, what youre wearing, etc.. I live in the sticks of NJ and worked at a grocery store for almost 4 years, while I went to college. You think my managers weren't following around the whitetrash, drug addict looking rednecks and leaving most of the "normal"/old customers be? When the occasional minority customer came in do you think they suddenly stopped paying attention to the white trash and focused on them instead? Not in my experience, maybe it's just the place I live, idk.

and the legacy thing - unless youre talking percentages that doesn't demonstrate anything. Please explain as I'm pretty ignorant about this topic.

Also, not accepting white privilege exists doesn't require evidence based on the same logic that not accepting God's existence doesnt require evidence. You don't get to just throw out reason because emotion.

To all: If everyone in the entire world was one race, do you think there wouldn't be certain groups of people that got ahead? It seems to be a fundamental characteristic of society.. what would you blame it on if there were only white people and how do you know some of those factors aren't also part of the problem currently? As always, I take the position.. yeah there's that, but there is also this.
The thing is, whether a black person looks bummy or is well dressed if they are followed around stores it's typically just for being black. I've seen it happen enough for me to be convinced. People don't get accused of being criminal simply for being white, it's only blacks. Look at the ironic "shouldn't we hold a race accountable" rhetoric spewed from Monkey and Hawk on this thread.

I can provide statistics on the legacy students bit if you want it. I'm sure I can gather plenty of wealth statistics and prosecution statistics as well that lean in my favor.

But honestly there is a large lack of statistical proof because we don't really keep good track of these things. The only thing you can go off of is anecdotal evidence. Just because it's anecdotal doesn't mean it's completely useless.

And yes, I do believe that most societies in this day and age show favoritism towards a majority. Especially in a country with as much racial tension as this one.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote