Music Banter - View Single Post - White Shaming
Thread: White Shaming
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #333 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Were your parents poor? And yer grammies and granpies? White privilege doesn't mean that every cracker's rich, it means that minorities haven't had as long to build a stable family line to fall back on which makes them more likely to end up impoverished. Whites have always experienced poverty. Every race has. However, if you take the proportion of the minority that's impoverished and compare it to the proportion of impoverished white people in America, it's a rather stark difference. People build their perceptions on the world around them and seeing more impoverished minorities than average or prosperous ones can easily influence someone's paradigm, especially if they're as dumb as an American. A lot of recruiters go on gut instinct for "company culture" and poor people usually have a hard time getting on with the wealthy people who run the company that the recruiter is hiring for. Also, the recruiter is cousins with the boss.

If a white family has a history of poverty it can be hard to shake too. Just because there's a trend in white people being able to use their familial network and minorities being subtly snubbed in ways that the snubbers are't even conscious of doesn't mean that there aren't minorities who are rich as **** or that there aren't white people who are dying on the streets.

Both you and dumbasses who misuse it for bull**** really ought to consider what it actually is. We need to shame mother****ers into logic or you're just going to keep chalking it up to luck and a nice excuse. The best that most of us can do is just be mindful of what we do and try to have an open dialogue.
This. It's what I've been saying this whole time.

While a major difference would be ending systematic racism that happens with police targeting, killing and locking up minorities, I think things will eventually iron themselves out with the social evolution of America as long as we can all stop denying it exists.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote