Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Starless is fantastic...The 72-74 period with John Wetton is my favorite, but Descipline and THRAK from the Belew years are also great.

I have heard all their studio works, my order of favorites go as follows.

1. In The Court Of The Crimson King (1969) - Best tracks: 21st Century Schiziod Man, I Talk To The Wind, Epitiath, In The Court Of The Crimson King.
2. Red (1974) - Best tracks: Red, Fallen Angel, One More Red Nightmare, Starless, Providence.
3. Lizard (1970) - Best tracks: Cirkus, Indoor Games, Happy Family, Lizard, Lady Of The Dancing Water.
4. Starless And Bible Black (1974) - Great Deceiver, The Night Watch, Trio, Lament, Fracture, We'll Let You Know.
5. THRAK (1994) - Best tracks: Dinosaur, VROOOM, Inner Garden I, Walking On Air, People, One Time, Sex Sleep Eat Drink Dream.
6. In The Wake Of Poseidon (1970) - Best tracks: Cat Food, Cadence And Cascade, Pictures Of A City, In The Wake Of Poseidon, Peace: A Theme.
7. Discipline (1981) - Best tracks: Thela Hun Ginjeet, The Sheltering Sky, Elephant Talk, Frame By Frame, Matte Kudasai, Indiscipline, Discipline.
8. Islands (1971) - Best tracks: Letters, Prelude: Song Of The Gulls, Ladies Of The Road, Sailors Tail, Formentera Lady.
9. Larks Tongues In Aspic (1973) - Best tracks: Easy Money, Exiles, Book Of Saturday, Larks Tongues In Aspic Part II.
10. Power To Believe (2003) - Best tracks: Level Five, Eyes Wide Open, Facts Of Life, Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With, Power To Believe: The IV Coda.
11. Three Of A Perfect Pair (1984) -Best tracks: Model Man, Industry, No Warning, Sleepless.
12. ContruKction Of Light (2000) - Best tracks: ConstruKction Of Light, Into The Frying Pan, FraKctured, The Worlds My Oyster Soup, Larks Tongues In Aspic Part IV.
13. Beat (1982) - Best tracks: Neal Jack And Me, Artori In Tangier, Waiting Man, Two Hands, The Howler.

Every KC album has something good to offer, even the worst ones.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote