Music Banter - View Single Post - White Shaming
Thread: White Shaming
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 07:54 PM   #389 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
And as for people talking about my comment about black people being followed just for being black, you really need to re-read my comment on being followed and harassed just for being white. Because being followed for looking like a crack head isn't being followed for being white. It's for looking like a crack head. There's black people that don't look like 'thugs' that get harassed just for being black.
Nah, I actually have been given **** and harassed purely for being white. Made fun of, even called a cracker a few times. Had a few classes where I was just about the only white person, and people pretty much took it as a free ticket to bully and blame you for everything unless you immediately let them know that you weren't gonna take any **** for something so petty and pointless as skin color. Also, the Vietnamese community near where I used to live really didn't like white people. As soon as you walked into a store, all the laughter and conversation would immediately die and the shop owner would just glare at you, like "The **** does this spoiled ******* want?"

Like I said before, I don't really care about this argument, I'm happy to just watch on the sidelines as you guys go back and forth. I just think your weird absolutes are funny. Of course people have been given **** purely for being white. If there is something about you that makes you different from other people, then just by virtue of being born the way you are someone out there immediately not only hates you but considers you to be the epitome of everything wrong with the world.

The problem isn't that all white people magically have a get out of jail free card in every situation, and never ever get followed or harassed (or even kicked the **** out of, and yes, it happens) just because of their skin. The problem is that minorities in the U.S.A. are overwhelmingly targeted and stereotyped in comparison.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote