Music Banter - View Single Post - Nathanblake719 babbles about bands he doesn't like
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #580 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I'm all for the idea of questioning the status of holy cows, actually, but this thread is so boring and low level.
Questioning the status is fair enough. He's not doing that. He's just spitting on the bands. He says the writing in Maiden is crap - this is plainly untrue: Harris in particular wrote some of the deepest lyrics any metal band attempted - then that Dickinson can't sing (again untrue: he may not like him but that's completely different). How he can say their FANS overrate them when he doesn't like them is beyond me. Maiden almost single-handedly brought metal to the attention of the mainstream with albums like The Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind, getting metal into the charts for the first time since I don't know when, and though they're a shadow of their former selves (which is understandable as they've been going since the 1980s) they deserve their place in music and metal history, and are without question NOT overrated. The amount of metal bands who cite them is proof enough of that.

Unfortunately, to our man Nathan it would seem "I don't like" = "overrated". Sad. Very very sad. And so very wrong.