Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #51208 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
That's damn weird all right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I'm glad he's alright but that's too much of a coincidence, don't ya think?
I talked to my sister for a while on the phone today and she says they're both disposed towards this sort of thing. Both of them have had minor, non-life threatening blood clots in their legs before (which I actually didn't know), but it's still a major coincidence. No doctor reports suggest anything that they've been doing/eating/whatever that could explain it happening for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Damn, I'm glad he's ok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Glad he recovered.
Thanks and yeah, bit of a scare. It's been really hard on his parents. They lose one son who had been hospitalized with a blood clot, then a couple weeks later, they get the exact same news about their second son, having been hospitalized in for the same reason. They can only have been fearing the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Wow that's crazy. My mom nearly died a couple years ago from a giant clot in her jugular, and they found more in her brain. If she had ignored her symptoms for another day she probably would have had stroke. Hers was caused by hormonal birth control mixed with smoking cigarettes, which is a lot more common than one might think. So, PSA, don't let your girlfriends smoke on bc.
I had no idea that was dangerous - and that's probably true of many. I imagine the pill bottles carry a warning, I guess, but people never read that stuff. Good thing she survived. Sounds like a very close call.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote